Monday, March 2, 2009

Stealing Other People's Cameras

I knew I was buying a camera, but I had to wait a while before I actually got it. My friend let me borrow his Nikon (the same one I would eventually buy) and I decided to take a few snaps while I had the opportunity. The urge was just too strong to resist...
So I went driving around and found a park that my family used to go to when I was young. I hadn't been to this place since I was about ten years old and my only real memory here is seeing a firefly for the first time. My parents sat on the hill, together, as my brother and I chased the lightning bugs through the tall grass....one of the good memories that I had lost until seeing this made them surface again.
The Hello Kitty Luck Star candy my friend James gave me.

I took this and then photoshopped it to say "shuga britches" instead of "sweet thing" haha...


Vivian's is where my family used to eat when I was younger. It's demolished now, only the sign remains. All I remember about this place is the gum machine at the door and their food tasting like cigarettes...






"Going Nowhere"











A cactus that was right next to a snake hole. I didn't even run away *so brave*






"Return From Ichabod" the 4th or 5th edition....I'm not sure anymore....












The vines that grow over my Granny's wall in the front yard. My first picture taken with a "non-point-and-shoot" camera...

1 comment: